Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24th



Today we went to Schonbrunn palace which was one of the summer palaces for the royal family, it was destroyed during the Turkish invasion and then rebuilt by Emperor Leopold. However Empress Maria Theresia expanded the palace and decorated much of what we saw today. Schonbrunn includes the palace, the park surrounding and also the oldest recorded zoo in the world, it is also the largest palace in Austria. I thought that the palace was beautiful, I really enjoyed how the rooms were decorated and the style that they had been built in. I also enjoyed learning about the royal families who lived in Schonbrunn. Tonight we are going to have Turkish food for dinner which I am looking forward to because I don't have much experience with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment